You just got tattooed, which is very exciting! Now, I need you to be serious about the aftercare.
I can only provide you with a safe, sterile environment in the shop. It is up to you to be diligent, and consistent, when healing your new tattoo.
After care products are available in the shop for purchase!
Leave your bandage on OVERNIGHT the day you get tattooed.
After you remove your bandage:
- Always wash your hands FIRST before touching your healing tattoo!
- Get your hands very sudsy using Dr. Bronner's Liquid Castille soap
- Wash your tattoo, very gently, using your fingertips and palm. You'll want to get all the slimey, goopy stuff off.
- Rinse your tattoo thoroughly!
- Pat dry with a paper towel
- Let air dry for 10-20 minutes
- Apply the smallest amount of lotion needed. Just enough to moisturize. Do not goop/slather it on, and wipe off any excess!
REPEAT this exact routine, twice a day (Morning and Night) for one week. That's it. You do not need to rebandage.
Peeling, flaking, scabbing are all totally normal and to be expected. Do not pick or scratch your tattoo.
After a week, you can relax a little on the aftercare. Be sure to keep it clean, and keep it moisturized at your discretion.
Your tattoo is healed when it feels like your normal skin again. If you have any questions during the process, don't hesitate to call the shop 503-234-7071 or email me at email@example.com!
SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- Wear CLEAN, loose clothing over your new tattoo throughout the day. Do not wear dirty clothes, also avoid clothes that will rub/irritate it. Clean bed sheets are also a good idea.
- Do not soak or swim with a new tattoo. Wait until it's healed. Showers are A-OK!
- Do not tan/sunbathe with a new tattoo. After your tattoo is HEALED, you may use a high SPF sunscreen to protect it while you're outside.
- Exercise is fine with new tattoo, but avoid equipment that many people share. Do not roll around on a gym floor or use a gym shower while healing your tattoo. Do not wear tight clothing that will rub and irritate your new tattoo. That's a great way to invite infections.
- Do not pick or scratch your healing tattoo. It may be tempting, but just don't. It could ruin it your tattoo, or give you an infection. Leave your tattoo alone, unless you're cleaning it or lotioning it.
- I offer free touch-ups within the first year of your tattoo. Preferably, the sooner you come in after it's healed, the better. Touch-ups do not equal "I want my tattoo freshened up before summer!" etc.